How To Achieve Success In 2020 And The Decade Ahead
How to achieve success in 2020 and the decade ahead and finally achieving goals and fulfilling New Years resolutions we often make.
For many the new decade started with a traditional ‘New Years Resolution’ that is a general statement to somehow console our inner desire to change our life.
Having the ability to answer that question when asked by family members, coworkers or even at social events, psychologically gives us the confidence and misconception that we will easily attain it for once.
How to achieve success in 2020 and the decade ahead shares key simple steps on how to avoid becoming another statistic, how to create a decisive game-plan, and ways to take action and achieve the unachievable!
As we come to the end of January in 2020, now is the time to address the resolutions or goals you have set for yourself and how to realistically achieve them. On New Years Eve, the thought of “how I can achieve success in 2020, make it a brand new start, a new life, a future with achievable goals and let it be a launching pad for a decade that I will always remember” ran through your mind. Right?
The question now is …are you still on track or have you become another statistic.
As the above graphic shows (courtesy of proactivemindfulness), maintaining your focus to achieve your goals is a challenge for most people. Having the clarity, commitment, focus and confidence in yourself and your goals will allow you to achieve them.
2020 can be the most successful year of your life! Critical to having success and changing your current position in life, starts with having an extremely detailed specific goal that you are looking to achieve.
Many ‘New Years Resolutions’ begin with a general “I want to…” fill in the blank. The reason so many of these resolutions never become a reality, is they are too general and don’t have detailed specific thought put into them in how they are going to be achieved.
Key important factors to keep in mind in making 2020 your most successful year ever:
(1) WRITE your goal down on paper (If you do not do this critical first step – you already will become a statistic)
(2) Be specific to the time frame that you would like to achieve your goal or goals.
(3) Determine monthly, weekly, daily and sometimes hourly steps and goals you need to achieve to make them happen.
(4) Focus on what you can eliminate or condense so that you can delegate that time towards your goal.
(5) Find something or someone that will drive you towards reaching your desired goal.
As I refer to in the above video – (Moving my family and my business and opening a store on main street in Galena) – that is a specific outcome, something that drives me. So determine what one thing will motivate, inspire and drive you to achieving your goal.
(6) List out resources, education, and any additional plans that you will need to achieve your goals.
(7) Look at your budget and financial situation and determine where you can make changes that will alleviate unnecessary spending that will help you reach your goal. Financial peace of mind is critical to helping you focus on your goal. There are free programs available that can help you manage your finances. (see ‘Wealth Building Blueprint‘ article)
(8) ASK FOR HELP if you need it. It is common to feel that you can handle every obstacle yourself when trying to reach your goals. However seeking help, in areas one may lack specific skills, will allow you to focus on the aspects of your goal that you excel at.
(9) Discuss your goals with family, friends and those that can give you support in helping you achieve your goals. Having emotional support will play a large part in giving you the strength to achieve your success.
(10) The MOST IMPORTANT FACTOR to keep in mind as you start your new year and new journey to success: Maintain a Positive Attitude daily towards everything. This is where having something to motivate and inspire comes into play.
Setting clear, Very Specific, goals with an action plan and a specific strategy on how you plan to achieve them will provide you with your own blueprint for success.
Fully commit to doing whatever it takes to achieve your goals! Hold yourself accountable – sometimes looking at yourself in the mirror and asking yourself “am I doing everything that I can to make this happen?” May sound silly, but can be effective.
If there is anything that I can do to help you achieve your goals and success in life, please feel free to reach out.
My best to you always in your search for success and happiness in life and in business! May 2020 bring you Success in all that you do and be the start of the decade of a lifetime! 2020 is ‘Our‘ year to “Achieve the Unachievable“!
Kind regards –
CEO Worksmarter4u / Worksmarter4yourfuture.com